Virginia Sting Fast Pitch © 2008
One benefit of being part of the Virginia Sting Girls Fast Pitch Softball Organization is the opportunity for players to earn scholarship
money for college.
1. Player must complete a minimum of 2 consecutive years (August to August) in the program and be in good standing and be a
member of the organization through high school graduation. Should a player leave the organization and return in a subsequent
season, their eligibility will terminate as of the date they left, and their eligibility time will start over.
2. Player must file an application & essay during their senior year by March 1st.
3. Scholarships will be awarded within 30 days of receipt by the Executive Board with appropriate college enrollment verification.
1. Player must provide proof of enrollment to an institution of higher learning.
2. The board will agree upon the award amount. The amount of the award will be dependent upon the availability of scholarship
3. Scholarship will be a one-time award upon high school graduation.
1. The scholarship application must be completed in its entirety and signed.
2. The player must submit an essay titled What Sting has Meant to Me or The Effect Sting has had on My Life.
1. A committee will be formed by the Board each year as necessary to oversee administration of the scholarship program and
establish a tracking system to ensure the appropriate tracking of years for the players.
Virginia Sting Girls Softball Scholarship Program